Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2013 17:00

Camera program

This is probably a silly question, but I'm unable to stop the microphone and camera on my laptop (Insprion 17) after I enabled it. I've tried a lot of searching on the forums and on the web, but there has to be a simple "disable" function I'm overlooking. This actually can be a wider question regarding any program that's running that doesn't have an easy way to disable (WIn8 - what were you thinking!) :).

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 10th, 2013 12:00

Hi DrRitch,

I need some more information to help you. Let me know if you are unable to close the Camera application once it is opened. Which application are you using to open the camera?

Let me also know the reason you wish to disable the camera and microphone.

24 Posts

June 10th, 2013 16:00

Hello,

When I first clicked on the "camera" on the start screen, it asked me whether to allow or not allow. I thought when I started the program again, I could just go back in and "unallow" and turn it on when I needed it. Note: it may not be running unless I tell it to start. However, I don't know this for sure. If that is the case, I'm okay with that.
The reason:
I'm trying to clean up my system and don't like apps and programs running in the background that I can't either turn off and on when I need or don't need them. Pretty simple - just looking for a clean, faster system as possible. 
While I have your attention in this matter, instead of starting a new thread in the forum, I may as well ask: I'm NEVER going to use Bluetooth with this laptop. Would uninstalling this affect my WiFi performance?
Thanks,
DrRitch

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 11th, 2013 17:00

Hi DrRitch,

If you want to remove unwanted programs running the background, I recommend you to optimize the system performance by running the MS Fix it from the link below:

http://bit.ly/gfumFI

Pressing FN +F2 keys will turn on or turn off the blue tooth.  Since Bluetooth is integrated to the wireless card, using Fn + F2 will also turn off the wireless card. However you may try the steps given below:

1. Launch Settings Charm and select Change PC settings.
  2. Select Wireless from the left pane.
  3. Under the Wireless devices option, move the Bluetooth slider to turn it off. Move the slider again to turn it on.

Revert for further queries.

No Events found!