Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2014 08:00

Can't find correct video drivers

My laptop has both AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6630m and Intel(R) 3000 graphics with switchable graphics functionality.

The problem is, I can't find a driver compatible for the AMD graphics card. For some reason, dell keeps offering me the wrong drivers even after I have entered the service tag, as well as going through the whole Dell system detect route. I really need the correct drivers to fully utilize the switchable graphics method, because currently not being able to switch graphics is a huge pain.

Hope you can help. Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 14th, 2014 09:00

We need to know what model system you have and which OS and version (i.e., Windows 8, 64-bit, etc.).

June 14th, 2014 10:00

I have an Inspiron N4110 running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) SP1. Hope this helps.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 14th, 2014 12:00

Drivers are here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-14r-n4110/drivers

These drivers MUST be installed in the correct order - first, Intel drivers, then the Dot.net 4 Framework, and finally the AMD drivers.

June 14th, 2014 22:00

See that's the thing. The drivers provided does not match the one that's currently installed in my laptop. The last time I installed the newer amd driver provided by the dell website, it kept crashing my laptop. As a result, I ended up installing the generic driver from AMD itself; which didn't work out that well either.

No Events found!