Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2011 14:00

Checkpoint Secure Remote VPN NGX_R60_HFA3 with Dell Latitude E6510

I have an E6510 laptop running a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit OS.  For the past three months I have been trying to load and run Checkpoint's Secure Remote VPN NGX_R60_HFA3 Secure Remote without success.  The VPN at issue seems to install correctly however I do not get the key icon in notification tray at the lower right side of the screen.  When I select the VPN from the program lists it never starts up.  From the Windows 7 desktop I cannot even get to the point where I try to connect to the Checkpoint gateway.  It would seem there is something unique to this PC that is blocking the VPN from loading successfully with this particular Dell machine.  In fact I had traded in the same machine with a Windows 7 64-bit OS because I was told the VPN would not run on a 64-bit OS.  I have to stay with this VPN because the company I work for is locked onto XP platforms which are delaying an upgrade to the gateway.

I was able to succesfully load the VPN onto a Microsoft XP Virtual Machine which resides on the Windows 7 desktop. I get the icon key in the lower right but when I start it I can never connect to the gateway which I know for a fact is working with other XP machines.  I was also successful loading and connecting with this VPN on my HP Desktop running a Vista 32-bit OS.  Also, I have a Cisco VPN running on this machine without problems (not simulataneous with Checkpoint VPN).  We also completely removed the Cisco VPN and the Checkpoint VPN would still not load correctly.  The next thing I was going to try was an upgrade to my Vista machine to Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate and see if the Checkpoint VPN still works.  If it does I would plan to do an item by item comparison to see whats running on my HP desktop vice mu Dell Laptop.

I'm basically an end user (MS Office, IE9 Explorer, etc.)  that needs to get this Checkpoint VPN going so I can use acompany application.  Unfortunately, I finding myself having to become a VPN expert.  Checkpoint was no help, my IT administrator was no help, and Dell was no help.  My IT administrator even asked me if I solved the problem because another user has apparently encountered the same problem.  Suffice to say I'm looking for some guidance from the Dell Support Community.  I've read some posts that Dell's software my be causing the problem but I'm apprehensive about uninstalling software unless I'm given a good cause to do so.

FYI, I'm otherwise please with the E6510 as I use it as a desktop replacement although its a bit heavy carrying it around.  Thanks

No Responses!
No Events found!