Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2011 00:00

Continuous beep sound from my Dell inspiron 1564 laptop on start up

I get continuous beep sound with very negligible interval every time when i start up my Dell inspiron1564 laptop. If i press any key then it starts up normally. I checked RAM. But no improvement. Kindly help me.

October 2nd, 2015 04:00

its the problem with your RAM or your RAM port....when your laptop gets too much heated up then it can cause hardware damage........just change the port and insert it into alternate port and then you are ready to go...enjoy...

3.8K Posts

September 9th, 2011 01:00

Hi Dhansekar,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you run Diagnostics on your computer. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo on startup, select Diagnostics, and run an extended diagnostic on your computer. Post back with any error codes. Also check of any stuck key.

Thank you

Royan

3.8K Posts

November 4th, 2011 00:00

Hi,

I looks like you hard drive is failing, back up all your data and contact Dell Technical Support in your region for a replacement. Check Dell Quickset installed on your computer to check how your battery is performing.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

November 4th, 2011 00:00

Hi royan,

The same issue posted by Dhansekar happened to my inspiron laptop.  After continous Beep sound, when I press any key, laptop starts normally.

I run the Diagnostics and initially i received error code 0142. When I continued the test, I got another error - PRIMARY_BATTRY_BAY permanently failed. Please suggest a solution.

Regards,

Velayudhan

1 Message

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi, I own a Dell Inspiron N5110 i3 processor laptop. Its getting 13 months since I bought it.From last week onwards, I could see that the machine makes beep sound on start up till the windows starts. The sound gets disappeared after OS starts. However, I observed a similar low tone inside the system even when the machine is running. Please advise me if anything can be done immediately. Regards, RM

3.3K Posts

October 19th, 2012 01:00

Hi RM,

I recommend running diagnostics on the computer (Turn off the computer and then hold down the FN key and the power button, the computer would restart and start running diagnostics)

Check if you get any error messages.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Let me know the status.

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

January 27th, 2013 08:00

hi,

when i start up my dell laptop i am able here the sound of the processor, but i am not able to see any display.

an also first i here a long beep followed by 6 small beep then pause of few seconds then another 6 small beeps.

i am not able to see any thing on my screen. it is completely blank.

please help me in this regard

cheers,

ankit

1 Message

July 11th, 2013 04:00

Hi !

I get continuous beep sound  when i start up my Dell inspiron 15R 5520 laptop. If i press any key then it starts up normally. I checked RAM. But no improvement. Kindly help me.

1.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 03:00

Hi rajlove4u,

Please check if it is a stuck key issue. Also run a built in diagnostics to check for hardware issue. Please follow the steps below to run the diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer.

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the diagnostics.

You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

October 24th, 2013 20:00

i have the same problem, i have run the diagnostic but no problem is reported.......please help me identifying the problem...thanks

1 Message

October 26th, 2013 07:00

I am having similar problems. My Dell Inspiron 15R is a yr old. When I boot my system,it keeps beeping continuously. If I press any key the beeping stops and windows starts. On running the diagnostic tool, it reports error code 2000-0142.

1 Message

June 17th, 2015 20:00

Hello Royan,

Getting a continuous Beep on my new dell desktop bought 3 months before. It beeps even if i remove the power guard. appreciate your reply on this. thanks!!~

1 Message

September 28th, 2015 21:00

I got continuous beep sound when start my dell laptop what can i do sir??

No Events found!