Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

1 Message

September 30th, 2004 18:00

D600- USB Mouse stops responding in docking station (Options mentioned elsewhere here do not help me)

Hi, I'm new to this forum and appreciate that it exists for potential help not found elsewhere. I have a D600 with D/Dock that has similar problems that others have mentioned here, with the exception that I'm using a Dell certified USB mouse and have XP-Pro with all available patches. So, there is no new mouse driver for me to try nor is there anything I can patch on the OS. The same mouse, and another Kensington I use for travel, work flawlessly when hooked straight to the laptop. The only problem is when hooking through the Docking Station. Others I work with have also experienced this to different degrees. For me, it's a minimum of twice a day and sometimes well over 15.

BTW, people who are using the same laptop and D/Dock with MS and Compaq PS/2 mice don't have any problem here. People in IT here tell me they've had a lot of complaints about this situation and have been telling people to revert back to the PS/2 mice they had with their desktops. Perhaps I'll just have to assume this Dell setup will never work properly with a Dell USB mouse...?

This seriously looks like a docking station issue to me and am looking for any ideas on what to try next, if anything.

Thanks!

1 Message

October 5th, 2004 14:00

I'm having the same problem with a D/Dock. My Archos Jukebox works just fine when plugged directly to the laptop but when I plug it into any of the usb spots on the docking station it powers itself down. All software updated yadda yadda yadda. ;-)

I've heard of others in the office that are having similar problems with usb devices and the D/Dock since we ugraded last week.

October 14th, 2004 15:00

I work for an accounting firm and we have 8 D600 laptops with the D port replicator and have been expieriencing problems with the USB mice for months.  After the typical "update your drivers and service packs"  from Dell tech support we decided to switch the stupid USB mice out with PS/2 mice.  Haven't heard any complaints since but it stinks that the USB mice that we ordered from "Dell" to work with the "Dell" port replicator do not work. 

12 Posts

November 4th, 2004 16:00

Installing the most current BIOS AND Notebook System Software A14 solved my port replicator USB issues.

John

No Events found!