Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2009 12:00

D800 dim display ...swapped with good display but still dim

I have a Dell Latitude D800 that now has a dim display from start-up to desktop (readable but certainly not bright enough to use without getting a headache). I have done the following:

1. Tried to adjust the brightness with the fn + arrow up/down keys - no change (same dim level up or down)
  2. Hooked it up to an external monitor - the external monitor displays perfectly
  3. Downloaded the latest Quickset application from dell to see if it would help the fn + arrow up/down keys - no change (same dim level up or down)
  4. Adjusted the brightness in the BIOS to max for battery and with power -  no change
  5. Did a diagnostic test on boot up and got the error message LCD Inverter Detection Test - Fail Error Code: 1000-0322
  6. Swapped the the entire LCD display with a known working one - no change - (doesn't that rule out the inverter and the backlight?)
  7. Downloaded the latest video drivers - no change

Any additional ideas for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 20th, 2009 13:00

If you haven't tried it, attach a new AC adapter.  If it doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.

5 Posts

May 20th, 2009 13:00

I have tried different AC adapters to no avail. I was hoping to avoid replacing the mainboard (I assume you mean doing  this). I may have to just sell it if that is the case (I'm getting a little over my head here). Thanks for replying.

No Events found!