Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NH

June 19th, 2016 07:00

DELL INSPIRON 5559 Keyboard Issue

The combination of keys Alt + PrtScr in not working to capture active window screen in Windows 10.

I have tried Fn + Alt + PrtScr/ Alt + S/....; reset bios default; update bios; install Windows 8.1 again and Windows 10 again but I still can't capture it.

The PrtScr key to capture whole screen is ok.

I have tried a new Dell 5999 but still get that issue.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 06:00

Hi NGHIA HUYNH,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Do you get any error message when you paste in MS paint?

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id (Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

August 3rd, 2016 08:00

Hi DELL-AKSHATHA M,

At many last times, and as what I said at the first time I have tried to re-install OS Win 8.1 and 10, but it don’t work with my keyboard issue.

Are you sure it’ll be ok if I re-install the OS again now

Before I re-install, I think I should try to install the keyboard driver of dell 5559. I think that way will save for me a lot of time than re-install the OS and a lot of other softwares that I need to use. But now I get one problem, I can’t find keyboard driver in session  Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices ( Touchpad Driver, Unifying Application and RealSense Driver) for this link: www.dell.com/.../drivers

Can you give me another link that can download the keyboard driver of dell 5559

August 9th, 2016 07:00

Hi DELL-Akshatha M, Can you give me more next advices if I re-install the OS but it don’t work with my keyboard?

Should I ask employee of Warranty Center to change some parts of my laptop?

Hope you asnwer me as soon as

August 21st, 2016 04:00

Hi DELL-Akshatha M,

I'm very afraid of re-installing my laptop because it takes me a lot of time to install other software.

In some last days, my laptop seems to get the virus, so I have decided to re-install my laptop.

Now everything is ok with my keyboard. I can use the shortcut key "Alt + PrtScr" to catch the active window image.

I'm very thank you for your support!

No Events found!