Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2015 06:00

DELL LAPTOP REPAIR

Dear Friends

I bought Dell laptop N5050 on 16 Nov 2012 at Coimbatore, India for Rs 35000/- and  few days back it stopped working. I contacted Dell  and i was told that the mother board needs to be changed however production of motherboard has been stopped. I am now stuck with a Dell laptop which is just over two years old with no support from Dell. I bought this Dell laptop just because of the company's reputation though others were available at a cheaper price. I really can't understand how a company like Dell can wash off its hands like this.   I sincerely request if someone can help me out in getting the laptop repaired.

Nagesh

121 Posts

January 28th, 2015 10:00

Hi Nagesh, 

I suggest you take your laptop to a certified IT Tech with  A+ hardware certification,  and ask him to find you a motherboard. There are plenty out there even if they are no longer in production. 

Here for example:

[View:laptopdepot.in/dell-inspiron-n5050-intel-laptop-motherboard-484ip16011:550:0]

Good luck!

Dagra 

121 Posts

January 28th, 2015 10:00

Nagesh, 

You can buy a motherboard from a place like that I linked, or am the tech about his warranty for replacing a motherboard. He may likely have a source for parts. (new or used)  

You should always buy an extended warranty when you buy Dell products. Then they fix it for free! 

Also I suggest you ask for a warranty for the repairs on your laptop. 

Dagra

3 Posts

January 28th, 2015 19:00

Thanks Dagra for the link u send. I feel Dell should take responsibility rather than washing off its hands like this I don't know how many more customers are there in India like me with Dell N5050.
No Events found!