Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2017 00:00

DELL STUDIO 1557 - SUDDEN FAILURE - NO Display - Blank SCREEN after Power ON - Beeps only when keys are pressed

Dear All

I request all the professionals over here to just let me know the problem and the solution for it.

Yesterday all of a sudden while browsing my laptop (Dell studio 1557 - win 10 - 64 bit - 4 GB Ram - 1 TB HDD - 512 Mb graphics) has stopped responding all of a sudden making a huge buzzing sound, with no option left I have performed force shutdown by pressing the POWER button for a long time.

Later I have tried to start but there is no Display, I can fell that the PC powered up as the cooling fan is rotating and they are no beeps sound immediately after power-on but after about 2-3 min time when ever a key is pressed on the keyboard i can hear a Beep sound (one beep for each key only while pressing) . This is the only thing i can feel and i am unable to know what is the problem.

- I have tried removing the RAM cleaning and putting it back but it didn't help me.

Hoping a solution for the problem kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kartik

kartik_jvsnk@hotmail.com

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2017 07:00

If you aren't able to get into BIOS, I suggest you reseat coin-cell (motherboard) battery. Please follow steps below:

1. Power off system. Remove AC adapter & battery, and then press "Power On' button for 5 seconds.

2.  Remove motherboard( coin-cell) battery from system, press 'Power On' for 15 seconds. Replace motherboard battery. Note: I'd suggest you replace coin- cell battery with a new one. You can purchase one at your local Walmart for about $3.00.

3. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully this step will reset you BIOS to default settings and you are able to boot back into windows 10.

Studio 1557 Service Manual

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If there's no error code, I suggest you power on system, wait a few minutes, close the lid, remove AC adapter, battery, and then press ' Power On ' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Install battery, adapter,  and then power on system. Hopefully computer boot back into windows 10.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2017 06:00

:emotion-2:

First - Dell doesn't list any windows 10 drivers for your system. Please click on link below and see for yourself.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2017 06:00

However, I have a few suggestions.....

I suggest you run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. . Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

I had a Black Screen once and removing the external power supply seems to have made a difference.  Of course, it may have been a coincidence.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If the system still isn't fix, I suggest you power on system again and quickly start tapping the F2 key continuously to get into the BIOS setup. Please Reset the BIOS to Default Values.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2017 08:00

Good suggestion Saltgrass.....:emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 1st, 2017 08:00

Lastly.....

Reinstall windows 10. You'll have to create A Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive. Please follow steps in link below:

youtu.be/lJcXHZc8-So

February 3rd, 2017 06:00

The main problem is i am unable to see anything on the display not even the BIOS is visible all i could feel is that the system is power on due to the LED on the power button and by the cooling FAN and after 3-5 min when ever i press the key i can hear a beep , even if an external display is connected nothing is visible. EVEN the DELL logo screen is not visble to enter into the BIOS or do the self diagnostics..\:emotion-6:     

February 3rd, 2017 06:00

Tried with this but didnt work out

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2017 07:00

Please don't wait for Dell logo screen to start tapping F2 or F12 key, soon as you power on system, start tapping. Hopefully you are able to boot into the BIOS or Diagnostic now.

No Events found!