Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

May 10th, 2006 13:00

DELL Wireless 1370 Mini PCI Card without WPA support?!

Hi, i have a encryption problem with the 1370 PCI Card on an INSPIRON 1300 system. A supporter told me, that the adaptor does not support the WPA encryption, but a few days before, it runs. Not very good, meens with some qualified sense, but it worked.

My client bought the computer in January. What the h**l is going on with DELL, so that they sell a wireless lan adaptor, wich does not support the WPA standard?

If they know, that it is easy to hack the older WEP encryption. I`m really disappointed.

Is there any possibility to tell the adaptor to work with the WPA encryption?
Have anyone here experiences with it?!

Thanks a lot!!

PS: the system is located in germany

1.4K Posts

May 10th, 2006 14:00

Have you tried checking the configuration of the adapter?

It seems to me, that if it ran fine a few days ago, but not now, that WPA is supported.  I've never encountered a wireless card that offered "temporary WPA support".

Here's a sheet with the specifications:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~id=dfamilywireless&~mode=popup

496 Posts

May 10th, 2006 20:00

I had a dell wireless 1350 and it supported WPA encryption, even WPA2 encryption. So it's impossible yours doesnt.

Message Edited by Leo_s84 on 05-10-200606:09 PM

May 11th, 2006 09:00

Thanks. I red it. The adaptor supports WPA. But what is about the technican, who told me it doesn´t?

I tried everything.

The card connect without any encryption to the router troublefree. But if I use to encrypt the connection it won´t.

I tried the windows xp utility (zero) an the latest tool from DELL, but both does´t work. I have no idea.

Maybe I should try to use the passphrase in HEX code? The pure phrase does not work.

I tried all the instructions & troubleshootings on the DELL website. I'm at my wits' end.
No Events found!