Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2014 10:00

DELL XPS L502X hard disk is not getting detected

I have a DELL XPS L502X with recently its hard disk not getting detected a week ago... With some movement  or so ... It finally detected .. This happened to me 3 times earlier but probably after an hour or so .. It was back to normal... But this time the same thing repeated , it could not move Out of  boot ... I found that from boot menu it shows FIXED HDD : none , which tells the hard disk is not getting detected .... 

ITS been 2 days itz in the same state , fed up with it , I  am really concerned about the data in it . Can anybody please help me out with this problem .? 

Looking forward to it .!!!

February 6th, 2014 11:00

Thanks for the prompt reply .....

The diagnostics says 

Hard drive - no hard drive detected. 

The rest of the diagnostics runs smooth with all tests pass. 

Can it be a complete hard disk failure or just a cable fault . It has been just 1 and half year I bought the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 6th, 2014 11:00

Hi Clowndellxps,

Please load BIOS defaults and run hardware diagnostics, follow the steps below.

Shutdown the computer tap F2 during the startup to access the BIOS page, in BIOS page press the F9 key on the keyboard which will load BIOS defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

Please shut down the computer press the Fn + power this will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 10th, 2014 16:00

Hi Clowndellxps,

Please remove and reseat the hard drive using the link below and then check if the hard drive is detected in BIOS.

http://dell.to/17xTZkS

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

Let me know about the progress.

September 16th, 2014 22:00

I am also facing same issue.

But how can i run the quick test as my laptop is not working. no Hard disk detected.

Please suggest if there is any other alternative solution to above problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2014 03:00

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the hard drive.  Then see if it's detected (F2 at powerup).  If it is, run the diagnostics (F12 at powerup). If it is not, replace the drive with a new one.

1 Message

September 17th, 2014 05:00

I am facing the same problem as well and i dont want to do it on my own. Could you please give me dell service centre around kl? Help me.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2014 05:00

If the system is in warranty, call your local Dell office.  If it's not, any computer shop can change a bad hard drive.

1 Message

December 17th, 2014 01:00

I have been facing this problem ... Can't get to the windows and running the diagnostic test on hard drive i get the following error code :0F00:1332

Msg:block 6173568:interrupt request(IRQ) did not set in time

Please let me know what can be done ... This problem is really irritating me and making me hate my laptop would be waiting for your reply !

Thanks !

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 17th, 2014 04:00

If the system is under warranty, call Dell with the error and they'll replace the drive.  If it's out of warranty, you will need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive.

No Events found!