Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

October 11th, 2007 05:00

DOES DELL PROVIDE THE WORLDS WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ??

3 Posts

October 11th, 2007 05:00

Am i just unlucky or do dell indeed have the worst customer service EVER!

Have been trying to contact the parts department for over 1 week for a hdd caddy and adapter for an inspiron 1420.All i ever get is 'parts are busy' we will call you back within 24 hours.So far its been a week with me phoning evey day and getting the same lame answer.I even tried to complain but was told there was no number to complain to.DELL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED>

DONT BUY A DELL

667 Posts

October 11th, 2007 12:00

These things are better found on E-Bay. :smileyvery-happy:

1.1K Posts

October 11th, 2007 12:00

amelie:

I'll be happy to see if I can assist. Check your Private Messages.

Regards,

67 Posts

October 12th, 2007 01:00

My keyboard recently broke, I then got in touch with Dell customer service and they could not have been more helpful. I received a replacement laptop keyboard within 24 hours. Can't beat that, in my opinion.

222 Posts

October 12th, 2007 17:00

You should try Lenovo support.:smileymad:

I'll never buy a Lenovo again.

3 Posts

October 13th, 2007 18:00

gotta agree with you amelie.  I am searching posts here trying too find some answers since dell could give a "dang" (their true expression filter seems to work well though).  I wish I had not wasted the money on a new laptop with them now.:smileymad:  Hope things workout better for you than they are for me.

1.1K Posts

October 15th, 2007 11:00

makulaf:

What issues are you having with your system? Have you posted a technical question under the appropriate forum board for assistance?

Regards,

October 27th, 2007 12:00

Yes I think that they definately have the worst customer service and I should have listened to the many people who advised me to not buy a Dell notebook.  Fool that I am I bought a inspiron 1501 and am so unhappy with the computer and the service that I have received from dell that I will join those people who believe that Dell's are the worst laptops.....
5 days later and I am still waiting for the technical department to get back to me........... The problem that I have is that my screen freezes sometimes goes to a colour screen other times it goes black with a small box of white lines.....
Next week I am going to make it a mission of mine to try and ditch this computer and buy another brand which I hopefully will get better after sales care.  Once I signed the order to purchase I have been disappointed......

3 Posts

October 27th, 2007 16:00

Dell-Chris B,
thank you for your reply.  I am sorry I have not been back to reply, but I have been having some computer problems Lol..sort of.

I did not post the problem in the tech section since I am not really sure what it is.  I am not computer illiterate, but this is beyond me and was hoping for some insight from Dell customer service to narrow down the possibilities.  Unfortunately, that was a bust and I ended up here doing a search and perusred the forums looking for similar problems or possible solutions.

I honestly cannot tell if I have a hard drive going bad, something wrong with my memory, or software conflicts.  I have tried deleting most everything I added by way of software, not much help.  Purchased system mechanic and speed up my PC; not much help.  Update bios, drivers...you name it.  Not much help.   Virus sortware(norton) and spyware(webroot spysweeper) software up to date and used frequently; not much help.  Disk cleaned up and defraged weekly; not much help.  Removed many unnecessary programs from loading at startup; not much help.  Changed boot to directly from hard drive first; not much help. 

My 2 month old 1705 went from lighting fast to taking about 15 minutes to ever start windows.  Programs lock up, forget running any games (all have been removed).  press ctrl alt delete and monitor system resources, and it goes from 99% to 19%, but when there is a problem my resources are as much as 100% utilization with no change in programs running it just loads up and locks.

Anyway, I am currently moving everything essential to an external harddrive and getting ready to reformat.  I really cannot afford to do this, but as I already pointed out, it appears I am on my own after the check clears from dell, so I am not sure what else to do.  I live on my computer and it is essential for work so I cannot be without it or continue to lose work hours fighting with this 1705.

1.1K Posts

October 30th, 2007 14:00

makulaf:

Thank you for the update. Please check your Private Messages.

Regards,
No Events found!