Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2010 13:00

DVD Region Error Code

Hi there. I've bought my Dell Inspiron -1545 in New Zealand.

I'm trying to play a Zone 2 DVD and it gives me an error code. What I would like to know is which Zone DVD player my laptop has, and whether it's possible to get it that it is Zone Free or Multi-Zone ?

Hope there's somebody out there, who might be able to assist and give me some usefull or rather helpfull advice,

Thanks and best regards,

Marius.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 4th, 2010 13:00

New Zealand is Region 4.  You can change the region code to 2 to watch the DVD, but remember you can only do this five times.  The last change you make is permanent.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7pictures/thread/76726250-2350-4f3e-a8fc-469c17732808

While some drives can be made region-free, others cannot - and you can brick a drive by trying.

3 Posts

February 1st, 2011 15:00

Hi There,

To change your DVD region, click start, then 'computer', then right click the picture of your DVD drive select properties, click the hardware tab and select 'DVD Region'. Then scroll down to your country and click it until it goes blue then click 'ok'. If you want to watch a Region 1 DVD select 'united states. If you want to watch a region 2 DVD, select 'united kingdom'. If you look above these options it will tell you how many region changes you have left to make.....remember the last change you make will be permanent.

hope this has been of some help....Zoot 10+6, huyton, L,pool, UK.

3 Posts

February 1st, 2011 16:00

please note i left something out of my last post. once you have selected the hardware tab, you need to double left click the picture of your DVD drive THEN select 'DVD Region.

Zoot 10+6.

2 Posts

September 14th, 2017 21:00

hi all, I know this was posted a long time ago, but I really need help. you seem to know a lot about DVD region.could someone give me some advice? I also have a problem about my DVD region code. I bought a DVD in U.S , after I went back to Australia, I found that my DVD did not work on my player. I bought this program (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/region-2-dvd.html)from a giveaway which claims to remove region code. I convert mine from region code 1 to region code 4, but still not compatible with my DVD player. It just keeps reading.
I tried HandBrake but it wouldn't decode any encrypted DVDs, it requires an add-on named lib DVD CSS.  any idea will be appreciated

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

September 14th, 2017 22:00

Sorry, wrong link above.  Here's one specifically for Handbrake on Windows, although note that decryption and region locking are two completely different issues, so it's possible that your DVD drive has a hardware lock that's preventing it from reading the disc. In that case, LibDVDCSS wouldn't solve anything because the drive isn't allowing the software to read the disc in the first place. But just in case, here's the link: www.winxdvd.com/.../install-handbrake-libdvdcss-to-rip-dvd.htm

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

September 14th, 2017 22:00

Why don't you just go get LibDVDCSS?  www.videolan.org/.../libdvdcss.html

No Events found!