Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

April 3rd, 2013 12:00

Del Inspiron N5110 won't turn on, no sign of power

I woke up this morning and tried to turn en my laptop but nothing happened, I checked the AC adapter and it was working well, same as the batery, since I was using it last night with no problems. After a bit of research I managed to do an electrostatic discharge unplugging everything attached to my laptop, removing the AC adapter and the battery, and pressing the power button for about a minute, past that minute I plugged the AC adapter and pressed the power button, it turned on for about a second, it was pretty much a blink. Then everything was the same. I tried discharging again, several times, without success. All answers and suggestions are welcome!

3 Posts

Thanks for your welcome and early answer, there are neither beeps nor LED activity before or after I did the discharge, as the title says, there is no sign of Power, only the one second Power on I mentioned about which came with no beeps. Can I have a brief diagnose? I dont get why this happened since it was working justo fine las night, and... can muy warranty cover it?

2.2K Posts

Hi ivan_ru11,

This issue is covered under warranty.

If the system is in warranty, please send me the Service Tag and name listed on the account in a private message.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2.2K Posts

Hi ivan_ru11,

Welcome to the Community.

Do you get any beep codes or any light on the LEDs?

I would suggest you to try a different power outlet and a good known adapter.

If there is no light anywhere when you turn on the system, system board needs replacement to isolate the issue.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

April 3rd, 2013 13:00

Thanks manshu, I sent the info you requested attached into a friend request, since I couldnt find another way to do it, I'll le ave this post as unanswered to get more info en the problem, I still find hard to get what happened.

No Events found!