Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2017 10:00

Dell 7559 NIGHTMARE

I recently purchased this laptop and have had nothing but problems from day one. I am really hoping to find some resolution, as I want to love this thing, but the problems are starting to take a toll. The laptop was suffering from unending BSOD's from as soon as I downloaded steam and CS:GO. I thought maybe that was the problem so I got rid of them and the problem persisted. The BSOD's varied memory management issues to DPC Watchdog violations. I have tried the following steps and have been successful at stopping the BSOD (for now anyway):

Upgraded all drivers both on the Nvidia 960m and the on board graphics card. 

Upgraded all Dell drivers and Windows is up to date. BIOS are up to date. 

Performed a clean boot. No help. 

Ran both a memory test and scannow and found no issues

Uninstalled Windows and re-installed

Even used DDU to delete the video card drivers and perform a clean install of them

The one commonality is that as soon as I fire up the diagnostics test, both thru Dell and 3rd party, my screen locks up, I get weird colored shapes throughout the screen and then it will crash with a BSOD or simply freeze all together. I am beyond frustrated and am looking for any and all help in resolving these issues. I am starting to think that the Nvidia card is the culprit .

When the diagnostic tools run they always freeze/crash on the video card test on the Nvidia chip. I no longer get BSOD, haven't in 3 days so far. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 29th, 2017 14:00

How recently?  If the system is less than 21 days from the ship date, best bet would be to call Dell and return the system for replacement.

If it's older than that, record the exact error and validation code from the diagnostics (which must be run OUTSIDE Windows -- F12 at powerup) -- and they'll arrange the return for warranty repair or dispatch a technician if you upgraded to onsite service when you purchased the system.

May 2nd, 2017 04:00

Sorry for the late reply, I plan on contacted Dell because now it freezes during the Diagnostic test through Dell Support. When I run the Pre-Boot Diagnostics, it shows no errors but still freezes.

When i try and run the test through the support website and it just locks up once it begins testing the Nvidia card. I plan on contacting dell first thing. I am worried it may be a motherboard issue or issue with the 960m video card.

7 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 15:00

Hi, i have the same thing, only that i dont get the BSOD .. It worked for me to upgrade windows 10 to the latest, still get freeze and strange red dots but its not so often, what are you going to do?

No Events found!