Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2016 17:00

Dell 7559 non touch i7 occasional graphic artifacts while browsing

Hello, I just bought this laptop and have noticed some issues while browsing the web occasionally:

http://imgur.com/a/HmU27

The text becomes garbage in memory, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the intel or NVidia graphics driver, but I have the following versions:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Intel Driver: 20.19.15.4404

Nvidia Driver: 368.81 Release date 7/14/2016

Let me know if anyone else is seeing this and if there is a fix. Worse case is the video ram is overheating / going bad, but I hope this has a software fix as the laptop works fine everywhere else even when gaming

8 Posts

August 8th, 2016 21:00

So since then I've ran the dell update driver utility and updated the bios and some other bluetooth and wireless drivers -- This didnt fix anything. I looked at intel.com for drivers, but so far have been told by the driver to get dell sanctioned drivers

Looking around the intel forum I found this: https://communities.intel.com/thread/100807

I believe this is an issue with the intel HD 530 driver and not the nvidia driver, I'm trying the suggested 4463 (assuming I can force it to install) and will report back if this fixes things

8 Posts

August 9th, 2016 08:00

Yeah, so I think that fixed it. You can force the driver to install through device manager

Press windows key, type device manger and open it

click display adapters and right click properties on the intel HD 530

Click driver tab, update driver, browse the computer for drivers

Then do "let me pick the drivers"

Click have disk

Select the graphics directory inside the driver eg:

Beta_15.40.26.64.4474\Graphics

Then you should see one entry for the intel HD 530, hit next and it should install

Supposedly there is some hardware acceleration option inside browsers that disabling might help, but it seems to be working with the 4474 driver for me

No Events found!