Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2012 10:00

Dell Datasafe online backup

After a complete restore of OS, re install Windows 7, one of the things not included in the 2 disks sent to me was online backup preinstalled on laptop @ purchae. With reinstall there is no information , no icons, unrecognized by Search, for  Dell Datasafe online backup.  I paid for the service once activated in early 2012, have a registration code which is not being accepted by Dell. 

To reinstall the OS i did buy the 1 time $59 for the OS disks and tech support. They stated that if I had any issues that the 1 time incident was good for 30 days from purchase  which is June 7. Yes, I did install the 2nd disk for diagnostics and drivers

Why can't I access any information about either of these issues w/in the Dell Site ? I understand Dell would rather go out of business then allow email w/customers and to call is expensive and extremely time consuming (language barrier, repeated information, unending questions only to inform me what I already know)

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2012 06:00

Hi hollypaws,

Welcome to the Community,

If you remember your user name and password for your Dell Datasafe Online account,use the link below  to login and restore your data:

www.delldatasafe.com/login.aspx

For steps to restore the files use the link below:

support.dell.com/.../document

Hope this helps,

Thank You

No Events found!