Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2012 04:00

Dell Extended Battery Life gone

Hello!
I had to reset my Studio 1749 to factory defaults and now the option for "Dell Extended Battery Life" within the Dell Battery Meter is gone. I don't know what needs to be reinstalled in order to get it back.

These are the changes that might affect the issue:

- Installed a different WiFi-Card (Dell 1520)
- Installed a different Tuner Card (Yuan, provided by Dell)
- Installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7
- Flashed BIOS to A08
- Updated all Drivers and Utilities from the Dell Homepage except for the ATI-Driver

I think it is a useful tool if you use your notebook on battery, because it is able to control a few options that are not availible in Windows 7 default power plans.

I would be very happy if someone was able to help me! Thank you.

February 11th, 2013 08:00

Hi there!

I had a very similar problem and after a bit of googling I cam across this solution that worked for me in another thread.

Post by  Gwion101

"go into C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet, and there you should see a battery.exe file right click and go to properties, under the compatibility tab there will  be a tick box for "Run this program as administrator" check that and then 'apply' now open  battery.exe and the settings button should have returned =)"

Hope that helps! Hope that works for you!

3 Posts

March 26th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem with the dell intelligent display option. It too disappeared after a factory reset. Hoping that someone could possibly help.

February 11th, 2013 08:00

By now i have already reinstalled my os, and somehow it worked flawlessly. Thank you anyway, this is good to know for the future!

January 6th, 2017 15:00

Cool..Works perfectly for my Inspiron 7000 series

4 Posts

February 1st, 2017 00:00

you helped me a lot bro thanks :D

No Events found!