Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2012 09:00

Dell Inspiron 1300 Wireless Driver: 0W9764

Hi,

I had Linux Mint installed on my laptop for a few years. I recently reinstalled my laptop with Windows XP, which in turn as recently caused me to attempt suicide as I can't seem to find ANY drivers for the wireless card that actually WORK!

I never had this problem with Linux, it would auto detect everything and install all the drivers instantly.

I've tried the "r155386" driver from Dell's download centre but all that did was install software that then told me that the adapter driver needs to be installed! HUH?

I tried my luck with a few other drivers from Intel's website but to no avail.

All the advice I can get is appreciated!

81 Posts

December 4th, 2012 12:00

Anyone?

81 Posts

December 4th, 2012 16:00

If this is posted in the wrong section could one of the admins please move it to the correct subforum.

Thanks!

81 Posts

December 7th, 2012 07:00

Any advice?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 7th, 2012 08:00

Older 802.11b wireless cards (INTEL 2100/2200) do not connect or crash or die when connecting to 802.11g/n routers.

Easiest fix is to remove the wireless card and driver and use a $30 micro or nano usb 802.11 N card instead.

TRENDnet TEW-648UBM N150 Micro Wireless Adapter.  You use a micro because you can plug in and leave it in without worrying

about it being broken off by bumping something.

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

81 Posts

December 8th, 2012 15:00

RESULT!!

For anyone who has the same problem, here is the solution! (that worked for me anyway)

1) Remove the wireless card itself from the laptop. (unscrew the RAM cover, it is right next to it.)

2) Start up the laptop, go to the desktop, wait a few seconds, then turn the laptop off.

3) Reinstall the card, plug in the little power cable (make sure you do so correctly) then turn the laptop back on.

It should now pop up that a new device has been found, and the INTEL PRO software should start searching for wireless connections and prompt you with a list.

LOVELY! :D

No Events found!