Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2013 07:00

Dell Inspiron 1520 Video Driver

Hello, I have an Inspiron 1520 bios AO9 with an intel dual core processor and integrated intel 965 express chipset family graphics. I just clean installed from Vista 32 to Vista 64. My question is whether I can use the latest Dell graphics driver 

Intel GM965 Express Chipset Family, v.7.14.10.1409 , A08
Vista32 driver for Intel GM965 Graphics
I have had a number of sites like softpedia tell me that this is compatible with Vista 32 or 64, but the dell site just says Vista 32. 
On a side note the "recommended driver for my service tag is below but I figure the above is the latest version: 
Intel GM965 Express Chipset Family, v.6.14.10.4926, A06
Windows 32 bit XP and Windows 2000 driver for Intel GM965 Graphics Controller
Then of course version AO5 is for Vista x64 and is titled the same as above then says for GL960  graphics:
Intel GM965 Express Chipset Family, v.7.14.10.1409, A05
Vista64 driver for Intel GL960 Graphics
Any help would be appreciated. I went to the Intel site and downloaded their driver but think the Dell version may run better as long as it is compatible.
One last question, the laptop is aborting the operation when I try to download the X64 Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I installed the new OS using ACHI as default in the BIOS. Any idea why it will not let me install this?
Thanks again,
Andrew

3.3K Posts

February 27th, 2013 08:00

Hi Andrew,

The drivers on the Dell website is tested and then uploaded for the users to download and install on the computer. On Dell support site the drivers are for Windows Vista32-bit.

You can also download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website to install on the computer accordingly.

Click on the following link to install the video drivers for windows Vista 64-bit on the computer:

http://intel.ly/13kcZ2V

Awaiting your response!

13 Posts

February 27th, 2013 08:00

Ok, that is what I am using, thank you for confirming that I should stick with this! Any ideas on the last part of my question? "One last question, the laptop is aborting the operation when I try to download the X64 Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I installed the new OS using ACHI as default in the BIOS. Any idea why it will not let me install this?" I think maybe because the RAID drivers were installed with the OS I don't need it? But not sure. I used the recommended download for x64 Intel Matrix Storage Manager under my service tag.

3.3K Posts

March 1st, 2013 09:00

Hi andyouf,

Does this happen only with Intel Matrix Storage Manager or any other application?  

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!