Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2013 14:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Help - Internet Issue

So I've had this Inspiron 1545 for roughly 2-3 years now. It was my first laptop, so I was pretty excited about it. When I first got it, it was fast, sleek, and fun to use. However, this problem popped up about 2 weeks ago. As I was playing World of Warcraft, my internet kinda spazzed out and completely went out. I thought, "Hey, it's probably just the internet or the router." But no, it wasn't. My phone and other systems connected to the router were working just fine. So I restarted my computer and it worked fine. The same problem happened about a day later, but later at night. I thought it was something to do with applications already open, but I didn't have any. Anytime from then on that it would happen, I would have to completely restart my computer and get back on whatever it was I was doing. It was getting out of control, and last night, I about had it (I was going to throw it across the room(but I didn't)). So that's when I contacted Dell Support and learned that my warranty has run out and that I need to pay for over-the-phone technical support (at least I think). I said, "Alright, forget that," and tried to find online chat support. Couldn't find that at all for the Inspiron 1545, so I finally created a Dell Community account and started this forum. If anyone could help, that would be great. I don't want to buy a new computer any time soon, so hopefully I can get answered soon.

1.3K Posts

June 6th, 2013 17:00

Hi Korimbo,

Sorry about the inconvenience. Try booting the computer in safe mode with networking and check if the internet works. (Press F8 on startup and select the safe mode with networking option from the advanced boot options.)

Also try reinstalling the latest network drivers from the Dell site below and let me know if it works.

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

(Key in the system service tag and the appropriate operating system to download the drivers.)

3 Posts

June 9th, 2013 15:00

I used the Safe Mode w/ Networking idea and the internet was fine. I've done a complete diagnostics check and nothing (other than my battery, which is shot) is wrong. I installed/updated everything I needed to on your link. I reinstalled the game that is causing problems. It still does the disconnect thing. Do I have to send it in to Dell or a computer repair shop and see what they can do? Or is there more that could be wrong?

1.3K Posts

June 10th, 2013 14:00

Hi Korimbo,

The hardware and the connection are fine as the internet works fine in "Safe mode with networking". Probably a 3rd party application could be the issue here.Try uninstalling any unwanted applications/games.

3 Posts

June 10th, 2013 18:00

I've uninstalled everything unwanted, double-checked for other things hiding in my computer, and got AVG to search for viruses. It still does it. I'm thinking about buying a new computer because I'm so fed up with this one.

1.3K Posts

June 11th, 2013 12:00

Hi Korimbo,

Sorry about the situation. Back up your data and perform a Factory restore.

No Events found!