Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 7th, 2015 13:00

Dell Inspiron 1545

Hello i have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and am having some very weird issues. The screen was broke so instead of replacing the screen i replaced the whole lid. Camera, screen, Inverter Board all are new. Figured that would be easier. I installed it very easily only 6 screws. Now my laptop makes a screeching noise and the screen works for half a sec and goes black very very dim. When it boots up i can see the Dell logo for about a second then it goes away. If i close the lid then open it the screen comes on for a second then goes black. Its not 100% black just very very dim. I can still read it if i look hard enough. If i hook up an external monitor with speakers the computer is working fine, but i get a faint screeching sound through the speakers. I tried several different chargers and replaced the Inverter Board. What is going on here??

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 12th, 2015 18:00

From the way that you are describing things it certainly sounds like a problem with the inverter. Did you replace the LCD panel itself,  it could be the backlight itself if the inverter is good. I guess the connector on the system board could be a problem as well, but if it was that I doubt you would be getting any picture.

TB

No Events found!