Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2013 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15R Audio Issue

Hi. Had my laptop for just over a month now. all working fine and dandy until this morning. Had a big install going last night and left my laptop running over night. Go to my laptop today and I am getting very low sound out of my speakers (so low you can barely hear it). Put in headphones and it works fine so assuming its an issue with my speakers. Every time I go over 50% of the system volume the sounds cuts out completely. Please help. Hoping this is just me being stupid and haven't done serious damage.

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 12th, 2013 09:00

Hi JonVVCook,

It seems that the audio drivers are corrupted, I‘d suggest you to reinstall the audio drivers to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the Operating system, then from 'Audio' section, download the drivers required and install it.

http://dell.to/10J8Kg0

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

May 13th, 2013 01:00

Thanks for your help. Downloaded the driver last night and still doing the same. Anything else I can try?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 14th, 2013 12:00

Hi JonVVCook,

Please follow the steps below to run the diagnostics on the Sound card.

1. Open the link http://dell.to/10sFz2m
  2. Select ‘Component’ under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’.
  3. Select ‘Sound Card’ under ‘Make a selection’.
  4. Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.
  5. Let me know the results.
  6. Also, Select ‘Symptom’ under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’.
  7. Select ‘No Sound’ under ‘Make a selection’.
  8. Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.
  9. Let me know the results.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi JonVVCook,

I would like to know if the sound is working well with external speakers or head phones.

2 Posts

November 9th, 2014 20:00

hey guys, u have the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 15R. Both the speakers and headphones are low. My mother who has the same laptop also has the same issue. So after consulting the forums, I went to device manager and deleted the driver software for the speakers all together, then restarted. Now everything is fine. However I think I did an update and the speakers went back to a reduced volume. No I am not setting the max volume to low, its just not playing as loud as it should.

2 Posts

November 9th, 2014 20:00

hey guys, u have the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 15R. Both the speakers and headphones are low. My mother who has the same laptop also has the same issue. So after consulting the forums, I went to device manager and deleted the driver software for the speakers all together, then restarted. Now everything is fine. However I think I did an update and the speakers went back to a reduced volume. No I am not setting the max volume to low, its just not playing as loud as it should.

sorry, grammar is not my major. I meant to say I have the same problem.

No Events found!