Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2013 05:00

Dell Inspiron 15R Servicing

My laptop has been overheating a lot recently... Once the cooling fan even stopped working, about which I posted earlier but thankfully it started working the next day. I think the problem is due to dust in the air vents. So basically I want my laptop(which is 2.5 years old and out of warranty) serviced.
So my question is:  Does Dell provide maintenance services (for a cost, obviously)?
If they do so, your Dell Store locator shows you have 4  types of stores: Dell Exclusive Store, Dell Preferred Partner, Dell Experience Zone, Dell Reseller. Which type of store offers these services? And do they pickup and drop the laptop or am I supposed to do so?
Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

July 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Sushant23,

May I know the exact system model?

Follow the steps below which can resolve the issue:

Clean Air vents:

• Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through.
  • Turn off the System
  • Remove all power sources: Unplug the AC Adapter and Remove the Battery, or Unplug the Desktop Power Cord.
  • Use a compressed air can to blow the dust out of the vents. Be sure to hold the can at an upright (near 90 degree angle) and hold it 15-20 centimeters (6-8 inches) away from the target.

Hardware Diagnostics Check:

Run diagnostics on the computer. Restart the computer by holding the FN and Power button simultaneously. Let the diagnostics complete.

You may contact our Dell expired warranty services to get the computer repaired/parts replaced.

Dell Expired warranty services (US): http://dell.to/1bMx5me

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!