Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2014 03:00

Dell Inspiron 3147 Laptop Touchpad Isssues

There is a major issue here with Dell's Touchpad drivers, they simply do not work. Anytime I try to use the Touchpad the mouse goes flying all over the place and is completely useless. Whenever the screen is folded back into tablet mode--they keyboard will not lock.

Have been on phone with Dell for hours on this with no resolve. There are a lot of people complaining about the same thing, Dell doesn't see to understand this.

1 Message

October 1st, 2014 04:00

My trackpad doesn't fly all over the place, it simply doesn't work most of the time!  When I turn on the computer, it's 50/50 whether or not I even have a cursor.  When I do, it's again a coin toss as to whether or not the trackpad will respond.

October 1st, 2014 04:00

I also have the same issue, no cursor on start ups and even if it is present it is frozen!! I was told to update the Bios (A02), touch pad and chipset drivers. Even after updating every thing is back to the same and having the same problems !!!! :emotion-6:

Some how when I plug a wired mouse the cursor comes back! 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2014 07:00

I had the touchpad replaced on Friday via a Dell service call and while the erratic behavior seems better (so far at least) the touchpad still won't turn "Tap to click" off even though I turn it off in the settings menu. I am waiting for a call back from Dell but I doubt the Tech will be able to help. Latest (Dec 02) drivers installed but no help. Faulty touchpad, system board or driver, just not sure which one.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2014 07:00

Now Dell is going to replace the touchpad (again) and the system board. I doubt this will fix the issue since they don't seem to understand or care to try to find the root cause and fix it. But hey, I have nothing better to do than wait for service calls and get parts replaced! Anyone experiencing the the problem with the "Tap to click" setting enabling itself after being turned off? Anyone solve this? Thanks!

No Events found!