Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2017 07:00

Dell Inspiron 3521 AMD driver freezing while installing

Hello,

I have an issue with my Ati display driver for some time now. Whenever i try to install it, my laptop freezes at 75%-90%. I tried everything!! Clean install, remove all video drivers with DDU in safe mode and then installing both of them...nothing works. 

If the installation reach 100% these issues occurs:
1) it gives some kind of error with the message that the driver was partially installed
2) my laptop freezes while restarting 
3) if it restarts successfully a few more issues appear :)).... :
    a) when i want to access ati control center nothing happens or it gives an error with this message: No amd driver is installed, or it was not installed properly.Please install bla bla bla..
    b) if the control center of the latest amd driver is accessed i can not enter in amd additional settings...when i click it, nothing happens.

I mention that i tried with auto detect mode and manual selecting my driver from amd site.
If I try long enough to delete and reinstall the driver it will finally work properly...BUT after around 2 weeks my display drivers from both intel and amd are deleted.

My guess is that the video card is dying but i am not sure. If anyone has suggestions please help ^^

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

• 

16.7K Posts

March 10th, 2017 06:00

FabTM,

Install the chipset drivers first, reboot the computer and then install the video card drivers.

1 Message

December 16th, 2017 13:00

I have similar issues like this, and I've had them for quite a while now more than half a year... tried all of the mentioned methods above but none seemed to work. My workaround was to install very old amd drivers (don't remember the version but it was the last version that worked properly) and than update from them and even that wasn't fully successful, the drivers seemed to partially get updated ... I have a dell Inspiron 3521 service tag . As I mentioned before everything worked properly until a certain version of the graphics drivers. After that every attempt to install the drivers has resulted in a system freeze and I couldn't even boot to windows I had to boot to safe mode to uninstall the failed drivers. I am very interested as to why this is happening and if anyone has found a solution. Just to add I had the chipset drivers installed in almost every attempt and it didn't change a thing.  

3 Posts

December 16th, 2017 23:00

same here

i have a inspiron 5459 with m335 radeon graphics card. after a fresh intall of widows i could not install the gpu deriver. "none of the version" niter from dell nor from amd not even the driver downloaded during the windows update.

please provide some solution.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 17th, 2017 03:00

What version of WIndows did you install?

No Events found!