Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 27th, 2012 00:00

Dell Inspiron (5423) 14z Ultrabook Won't shut down PLEASE HELP

Hi.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19471451/20207294.aspx

I have the same laptop and exactly the same problem.

Also i noticed that i can not update BIOS using DELL utilities. Maybe that's because my laptop wont shutdown normally.

Obviously, i am not going through these steps, because they didnt help that customer.

How did the conversation end? Did you solve his problem?

Help me please.  

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

January 4th, 2013 05:00

Hi BillGoblins,

I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds.  Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system.

Once the system comes up to the desktop, I would still recommend you to flash BIOS by clicking on the link below:

http://dell.to/Vc0z7X

Please make sure the Ac adapter is connected and the battery has minimum of 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the computer till it restarts and comes up to the desktop.  In case you are not able to flash BIOS as mentioned in the post, reply with the error message you are getting while flashing BIOS to assist you further.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to reset BIOS defaults.  Restart the system and at the dell logo, tap the F2 key on the keyboard every two seconds. In the BIOS screen press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save. Press ‘ESC’ to exit from the BIOS screen.

Revert for further assistance.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

January 7th, 2013 09:00

Hi BillGoblins,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

January 15th, 2013 00:00

Hello. By following your advice

"I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and...."

I would totally screw up my warranty. You do imagine, that to remove the battery i would have TO DISASSEMBLE THE WHOLE LAPTOP, don't you?

No, thanks.

I'm bringing it to service center now.

__To anybody, who ever finds this topic: Good luck buddy. Ur screwed :D

Sincerely yours,

Sadface customer.

No Events found!