calumetbud
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 6000 Drivers

Just did a clean in stall with windows XP pro, Now I'm getting the yellow ? mark by the ethernet controller,multimedia controller,pci device and serial. Downloaded all the drivers from the site. But cant seem to find the right ones for some reason..Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
13 Replies
bacillus
5 Osmium

Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 Drivers

you need to install the intel chipset driver and dell notebook system software before installing any hardware drivers.

to find out what hardware you have, put your asset tag in the link below and it should direct you to what drivers you need.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/details?c=us&l=en&s=gen

0 Kudos
calumetbud
1 Copper

fixed the multimedia, cant find the right driver for the ethernet controller
0 Kudos
bacillus
5 Osmium

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

0 Kudos

I had the same problem, but these Broadcom drivers at this link produce an installation error involving installscript. I Googled and followed instructions to install the latest version of ISScript.msi, but the same problem is occurring. I've been able to find all the other drivers, but really need this one. Appreciate any help. Here's the link to the solution I tried: consumerdocs.installshield.com/.../viewContent.do

Cathy

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Rhenium

I have no idea what you are talking about. When downloading drivers from the Dell website don't use the Dell Download Manager. Choose the other option.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

See my guide, a clean install of Windows XP (start at step 4. as you have presumably already formatted). It tells you everything you need to do.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I didn't use the Dell Download Manager and all the other downloads worked fine.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Q108158: Setup Is Unable To Find or Update ISScript.msi

During installation, you may get an error message regarding the IsScript engine. The following are some of the common error messages encountered with the IsScript engine:

Cannot find IsScript.msi

The version of IsScript.msi is old

0 Kudos

I've already reformatted the hard drive and did a clean install of Windows XP, thanks. Downloaded and installed all software and updates. Wi-fi is working fine, but I need the network adapter, too.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Try installing R149798 <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> (Driver) and R150593 (Diagnostics) instead of the ones you tried earlier.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos