Highlighted
palad1n
2 Iron

Dell Inspiron 7720 SE - Gpu boost is turning off

I have decided to create a new post regarding this issue, which wasn´t solved at last bios update (A12)..

GPU boost (OC to 835MHZ) is not working anymore and stick the frequency at default level all the time (745MHZ).

This happens when this laptop is disconnected from AC and it´s permanent stuck till you remove and re-insert the battery to reset somekind of memory.

I would understand if this feature will work on battery to save energy, but this is clearly a bug and after reconnecting AC, it should enable GPU boost again, but it doesn´t.

So, everytime i accidentally disconnect my laptop from power supply, my GPU boost is turned off and i have to painfully turn off the laptop and re-insert the battery to make it work again.

Many users registered this issue on forums all around the world... Please, don´t say it´s a feature to protect the laptop....

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
266 Replies
i b ben
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 7720 SE - Gpu boost is turning off

Sadly this is still the case, thus severly limiting the laptop gaming capability. I would love to see a fix for this soon, or atleast know dell is aware of it and working on it.

0 Kudos
Bobo10
1 Copper

Hi,

I have the same problem, updated BIOS from A11 to A12 hopping to fix this issue, so nothing changed in this last A12 BIOS.

Maybe someone from Dell support team can be so kind and explain to us what is happening with this GPU boost issue?

And let us know what changes are implemented in this A12 BIOS? How the system reliability is improved?

Any help from Dell support team will be much appreciated,

Thanks

0 Kudos
realG
1 Copper

Yup, same issue with my 7720. I hope DELL will not claim (again) that this is an intended "safety" feature. It is a bug that needs to be fixed!

0 Kudos
suedezu
1 Copper

I confirm I have the same issue and urge Dell to fix it as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
tommaazz
1 Copper

Hi. I have the same issue with my 7720 it is really annoying. The temps are in low 70 C when gaming so the temps are clearly not an issue. But when playing bf3 you can clearly see when the thottling starts. So please DELL fix this annoying BUG as quickly as possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ghost76
1 Copper

live reality ... Dell spat on our problems ... we gave him the money and it's nothing more interesting ... this issue has been known for 9 months and if it is not corrected for these 9 months, then no one is going to do. your complaint .. no representatives Dell even does not match .... think good or worth the deal with Dell

0 Kudos
palad1n
2 Iron

I hope i live in reality, i don´t believe Dell would sabotage such a great product by lousy support...  I still hope we get at least some proper progress answer soon... This topic is linked on lot of forums and many people will decide their next buy based on the company support...  I have trust in Dell, otherwise i would be hugely disappointed....

0 Kudos
Ghost76
1 Copper

dear palad1n, do you not able to understand that this problem is already 9 months and do not you know that was more than enough time to fix this problem ... surely you can not understand that Dell understands only lawsuits, do not you know that complaints of ordinary people on the forums Dell spat ... back to reality

0 Kudos
palad1n
2 Iron

I have noticed one post here has been removed probably by dell, so dell staff have seen this post already and haven´t been able to give us the proper answer yet? It isn´t helping!!!  Is it really necessary to be rude to get things done?

0 Kudos