Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2013 14:00

Dell Inspiron How do I format hard drive and how do I get software off website as I don't have disks?

My Dell Inspiron is going in a loop and I can't access it?

It looks as though I will need to Format HD but I don't have Disks as Windows 8 was preloaded?

Can anyone assist me?

Regards

Tony

943 Posts

November 21st, 2013 14:00

Hi Tony,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below that might help you restoring the computer back to factory settings:

http://dell.to/1bdYBs5

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

8 Posts

November 21st, 2013 15:00

Thanks Prateek

This is only of use if I can access my computer?

As mentioned on Start up it goes into a loop?

I can access F2 Setup & Boot Options F12?

I have run the Diagnostics and there was no error code?

Regards

Tony

943 Posts

November 24th, 2013 03:00

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Try performing flea power. Remove the power cable and any external peripherals like a printer, now hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds and then connect the power cable back in, and restart the computer and follow the steps mentioned in the above link and Check if it helps. If the issue still persists, please share the system model number.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

No Events found!