This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2017 19:00

Dell Inspiron Stuck in Boot Loop

Dell Inspiron 13-7359 (convertible)

Windows 10 Home

System BIOS 1.14.1

256 gb SSD

i7-6500U

I bought the computer used. There is no warranty or installation disc. I've had it two days.

The problem started with the audio disappearing. I was getting the "Smart Audio needs to be reinstalled" error. I disabled/re-enabled the audio, updated drivers from the Dell site, uninstalled/reinstalled the audio drivers...still no sound, although the error stopped popping up. Sound registers when I check the settings (I can see the bars moving) but nothing comes out of the speakers.

So I reset it using this link: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=EN

I chose to save my files. Still no sound so I decided to wipe it completely (remove everything option) and that's when the problem started. 

Now it turns on, shows the Dell logo for 10 seconds (no loading bar), and restarts. Over and over. No beeps or sounds whatsoever.

I have run the ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment and no errors are found. I ran both the quick and thorough tests. The only thing that doesn't check out is the speakers.

I tried removing static build-up using this link: 

I am now trying to create a Windows USB installation using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

but it has already failed twice. (Completes the download then restarts it.)

Does this sound like a motherboard problem or do I simply need to reinstall Windows? Any help is much appreciated. I couldn't care less about saving any data.

April 29th, 2017 22:00

After many hours and multiple tries I was able to successfully download a USB installation of Windows 10.

Sound is still not working. I'll make a separate thread for that issue.

52 Posts

April 30th, 2017 09:00

Are you first positive windows 10 was activated ? I'm not positive but it sound like there no operating system installed . If that is the case I would  the Dell recovery  and download a copy of windows 10 from Microsoft . Install that and load the drivers from Dell site.

No Events found!