Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 16:00

Dell Latitude D420 - WWAN Integrated Mobile Broadband

Hello.

I recently had someone bring me a Dell Latitude D420 that had been experiencing some issues.
The issues were in form of random uninstalls, I am not here to discuss the meaning of "random" but more to question how to go about replacing one of the items.

The Mobile Broadband connectivity of the device, a long with the wireless card, were uninstalled.
I have placed the wireless card drivers, found on the service tag look-up ( here ), but am now a bit miffed on how to install the WWAN card.

I turned the device over, removed the back panel, and found the information for the card to be:

WWAN

KR-0MN624
REV: A00

ESN: 5B500411
FCC: PKRNVWE725

How do I go about restoring the functionality to this device?

4.4K Posts

December 5th, 2012 20:00

Hi nccfhs,

Try going to the drivers and download (service tag look- up) page you posted and under Drivers found select All related drivers for your Product (71 files). In the list of drivers expand Communications and you will find the WWAN drivers listed.

You may need to find out which mobile broadband service provider(Verizon/Sprint etc) customer was using before you could install the correct driver  and utility for the WWAN card.

Thank You

2 Posts

December 6th, 2012 15:00

Hello Rosham,

first of all, thank you for the reply. Secondly, I've been here and done this before.
I've installed the Dell Wireless 5700 Mobile Broadband (R144966 & R220062) Utility/Firmware one uni, and the other Verizon. The utility and device are successfully installed, but the created modem, nor utility, do not detect any device.

Going to Device Manager on the computer does not show any uninstalled devices, and the card IS installed into the bottom of the laptop (see picture).
I'm miffed on this, and hopefully it ends up being something I have overlooked.

4.4K Posts

December 7th, 2012 00:00

Check if  wireless switch(right side of the system) is configured to enable/disable WWAN under Dell QuickSet utility.

If Dell QuickSet is not installed on the system use this link below to download and install:

For Windows XP: www.dell.com/.../latitude-d420

For Windows Vista 32 bit: www.dell.com/.../latitude-d420

If this does not help try to restore BIOS to defaults.Access BIOS screen (F2) and press F9 to restore defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

No Events found!