Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2010 17:00

Dell Latitude D600 wireless, NIC problems and other problems.......please help!

Windows device manager frequently changes my wireless card from Dell wireless 1350 WLAN mini PCI card to Trumobile 1300 WLAN mini PCI card and back again. The wireless card will appear with a "!" next to it (CODE 10 DEVICE CANNOT START) it takes several restarts to get it to work and sometimes it won't work for days. The "!" or "?" also occurs with other hardware such as the O2 Micro Smartcardbus Reader. The Broadcom gigabit integrated controller won't appear at all all the times I have these issues.

Other problems are the Ethernet tray icon won't appear even with something plugged in and LED lights working, power on fails I press the power button lights come on and flash for a few seconds than all power is lost. I can hear the hard drive clicking but it never boots up and will work but only after a lot of fiddling, I would occasionally get the blue screen error but it hasn't happened in about a week, I get "virtual memory low" warnings at times when I'm running a few different windows online, Wireless connection used to be called "wireless connection 2" than it was "wireless connection 4" now it's "wireless connection 11" and the last problem is when it boots up and the wireless card icon shows up in the task bar everything works fine.

I've updated everything as far as drivers go and I have no idea what could be causing any of this. I only use the laptop for internet I don't have any other programs on it but what came with is as far as Windows games but that's it. Any help at all is very much appreciated.

No Responses!
No Events found!