Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2015 03:00

Dell Latitude d530 power adapter help

I gotten a power adapter off ebay and plug it in and it will power up the laptop but it won't charge the battery and the cpu it running slower now? When i turn it on a warning will popup and tell my i need to plug in a dell power adapter. The power adapter i am using is a after market but it's the right voltage and amps.I got a new battery too. It's a dell battery. I just wanting to know if it need a dell power adapter or is there something i need to do get the one i got for it to work.

1.8K Posts

March 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hi,

A lot depends on the adapter you purchased, it's wattage, etc.  I would recommend you read this FAQ on batteries and adapters.  It should provide you with some of the answers to your questions. 

Using actual Dell products will, obviously, alleviate a lot of the problems that you're seeing.  Those items have been tested and confirmed to work with Dell motherboards, batteries, etc. 

Todd

23 Posts

March 9th, 2015 20:00

Just got a 150 watt dell power supply off of ebay the other day and when it gets here. I am hoping it will fix the problem. Thanks for the help.

No Events found!