A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2012 14:00

Dell Quickset dosn`t work

Hi!

I have Dell se 7720. 

After a BIOS update from version A03 to version A08 has stopped working Dell Quickset ( when you press a little button with gears nothing happens) On the official website there is a version 1.11.17, A03 apparently under the new version of the BIOS need a new version quickset.

How to cure it?

Best regards 

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

October 14th, 2012 18:00

Hi Gindich,

This could have happened because of a corruption of the quickset application.

Uninstall Quickset by performing the steps below:

(1) Click on the start button.

(2) Type ‘Programs and Features’ in the search box and hit ‘enter’.

(3) Now identify “Dell Quickset’, right click on it and select ‘Unisntall’.

(4) Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation and restart the system.

Please use the link below and download the latest version of Dell Quickset:

http://dell.to/PNtQ36  

Please follow the instructions under the heading ‘Installation Instructions’ to complete the installation of Dell Quickset.

Do reply to this post if you need further assistance.

7 Posts

October 15th, 2012 04:00

Dell-Kiran,  

I did the steps above and the quickset button (gears button) still does not work with the latest BIOS A08.  The Dell Quickset application will need to be updated.  Please raise this issue to the highest level and get this resolved.  I am sure this issue will continue to be brought up until it is fixed.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

October 16th, 2012 02:00

Hi Gindich, ericchan3

If the issue is not fixed I will escalate it to the Engineering team and will keep you updated about the status.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Then send me the System service tag through Private message.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi

Additionally, stops smart battery charge to 50% when you work in a desktop mode(when the power supply is always plugged in) . Enabling this option has no effect - the battery is still charged up to 100%. Although I could be wrong because the BIOS updated immediately after purchase and do not know how it works :emotion-1:..  In my previous laptop Lenovo :emotion-5: where the charge was limited to 40-50% in the desktop mode.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi Kiran!

Unfortunale I have not received any letter from you or invitation...

No Events found!