Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2015 08:00

Dell Studio 1535 battery is not charging - battery is not installed

Hi,

I have a Dell Studio 1535 laptop.  Yesterday it gave the next error message:

Warrning: The battery cannot be identified.
The system will be unable to charge this battery.

After running the diagnostics, the laptop works just with AC adapter and it doesn't charge the battery.
The setup (battery info) shows: Battery not installed.
(AC adapter 90W.)

I use the laptop with the original battery and the original adapter.

The laptop works fine with the charger, after the test i don't see any error message, it starts normally. If I remove the battery, the laptop is OK with the charger as well, no difference.

I removed the battery, pressed the power button 15 secs, and waited. Then I put it back and charged it overnight.

I tried to refresh the BIOS, but I wasn't able, cause of the battery level is under 10%. I tried to force it in a DOS command window with /forceit command, but the result is the same.

Would be solution the bios refresh? How can I refresh it with an empty battery?
Or Is it a simple battery faulire so do I need to buy one?
Or is it a problem with the DC jack power connector cable?
Or is it the motherboard?

What can I do?

Thanks for your valuable answers.

3 Posts

April 14th, 2015 12:00

Please, answer me!

36 Posts

August 9th, 2015 02:00

Decision, did you find a solution to your problem?

Today, I got the "no battery is detected" after performing a system recovery due to a failed graphics driver installation :emotion-42:

5 Posts

August 9th, 2015 06:00

dead battery related symptoms by yourself and decision. there's dead battery and then there is deader than dead battery.  you are into the deader area.  no bios updating without good charging system. 

36 Posts

August 9th, 2015 07:00

My BIOS (A4) wasn't updating even before the battery problem. Now, forget about about it APIZZ_a might as well throw it off the Brooklyn Bridge.

The worse, it's a recommended Graphic's update that caused the Laptop to freeze followed by the DELL EPSA diagnostic that killed battery.

Even weirder, my battery was removed during the diagnostic so how could it be killed? The assassin teleported himself??? 

Think I got me a Fugaisii Badabim badaboum :emotion-60: This DELL has been a series of unfortunate events. F depressing

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 16:00

Hi Mate,

No, I didn't find solution.
I didn't do anything, cause it is really expensive to experimenting.
Buy a battery, buy a cable, buy a new mainboard... etc...

36 Posts

August 11th, 2015 19:00

Hey D,

got this reply from tech regarding the bat -->

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19647245

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

There's a chance this could work for you...

My way was trickier but it did work for me. While main battery & AC were disconnected, I held down the power button for a minute.

Battery Is now recognized :emotion-29:   GL!

1 Message

November 2nd, 2015 11:00

Hello Bluemoon,

Tx. I had the same problem with my new (3 month old Inspiron17). I called support and the wanted me to return the laptop. I was not happy with that so I search the forum.

At first when I saw your solution I thought: what the f.... is that serious! No adapter plugged in, battery removed. What influence can pressing the power button then have.

Never the less I tried your solution with 1 minute pressing the powerbutton. And guess what; It works. No more problems anymore.

thanks again.

No Events found!