Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2009 15:00

Dell Studio XPS 1340 Webcam Software

Alright, I'm running a Dell Studio XPS 1340. I reinstalled the operating system (64 bit Vista), and lost the software that runs the integrated webcam. The software is not included on the DVDs that came with the laptop. I have the drivers, I simply need the software (Dell Webcam Central, I believe). Where can I find the software? Thanks in advance.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2009 07:00

Exact same issue....have you found a solution yet?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 25th, 2009 11:00

Try going to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. Under input devices, you'll see the webcam drivers. The software is in the drivers package.

Rick

1 Message

November 11th, 2009 00:00

Have u been able to find the software, I'm having the same issue and Dell Webcam Central doesn't seem to be the software that came with the laptop first.

2 Posts

November 11th, 2009 03:00

Yes.  The software was in the drivers package.  It didn't install automatically.  Open up the extracted driver folder and you can see the DWCentral folder.  There is a set-up file in the folder for the Web Cam software. 

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2010 12:00

There is no DWCentral Folder in the drivers pakcage.

Where can I found the software, I already have the driver and I have examinated ALL the unique package from DELL and there is nothing with DWCentral folder or some other application than the setup for drivers.

No Events found!