Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

TK

February 17th, 2011 01:00

Dell System / Administrator Password

Hi

I am a Dell Reseller in Rwanda and I did sell to a client a Dell Latitude E5400 Series and now we are having issues trying to start the machine it gives the following.

This computer system, #415D24J-2A7B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the system or administrator password and press (Enter).

I have tried using the normal dell backdoor password which is Dell and it is not working. How can I get the password for this machine since I am under pressure from the client.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 17th, 2011 04:00

The client/owner must contact Dell.  There is no "generic" password.

4 Posts

March 24th, 2011 21:00

Login any available computer which can allow you download. Insert a blank CD . Find Windows Password Key and download it, burn the iso image file to the cd. When finish, insert the disk to your computer, restart your computer, set the bios so that the computer boot from CD. Then you can clear your account password without knowing the current password.

4 Posts

April 15th, 2011 09:00

There is an algorithm program out  created by russian hackers  which will generate a new admin password based on the service tag of a dell machine but for security purposes I cannot reveal it in case you are not who you say you are and have a stolen machine

Your best bet is to contact Dell Tech support with proof of ownership and they will unlock it for you

There is no other way to do it since the code get burned into the machine's PROM and shorting jumpers or removing the CMOS battery will not clear it!

4 Posts

April 15th, 2011 09:00

op is not referring to a windows password but rather a password set in the BIOS

1 Message

November 22nd, 2012 11:00

plese help if you can i have a dell inspiron n5010

my name is ajay kumar meena 

my contact no is <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

my service tag no is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

my email id is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

there is a problem i had a system password about one year ago but i deleted it after a few days

but now yesterday when i restart my laptop it show me to give a system password ,but i have not it ,so please help me 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 13:00

You need to call Dell, verify your system ownership and they'll generate the  master password for the system.

The call is free only in warranty - if you're out of warranty, there's a charge for the call.

2 Posts

January 5th, 2013 22:00

I have the same problem... i wonder if i have to call dell support so that they can create a system password for me... Thank you for all your time and attention..

Hope you have a nice night.. Centrar Standar Time here..

No Events found!