Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2016 02:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 Touchpad Issues

Hi,

I've got an XPS 13 9350 with a clean install of Windows 10 on it on Bios 1.2.3.  The touchpad has a couple of issues:

1) Bouncy when scrolling.  In a web browser, when using two fingers to scroll down, upon releasing the screen jumps back up a bit - occasionally jumps to the top of the page again.  This is best described is this post, but with no resolution: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19669018

2) Tap to click sometimes stops working.  When this happens if I wiggle a finger on the pad a bit and try again, it starts working again.

3) Click drag releases by itself.  More often than not, if I click and hold the button on the touchpad to move a file, it releases before the button is released.  Its almost impossible to move emails between folders in outlook due to this behaviour.

Are these common issues?  Could I have faulty hardware?  I've run the Dell update utility, but apparently my system is up to date.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

15 Posts

February 21st, 2016 02:00

Hi, I had scrolling issues specifically in Chrome when the XPS13 9350 came out In November. The Windows 10 TH2 update fixed that however. I would assume you have already updated Windows? 

Yours sounds as though you have faulty hardware and should be an easy diagnosis for Dell support. 

February 21st, 2016 14:00

Yeah - I'm on the latest Win10 patches (but not insider track).

Strange enough, when testing again all ready to raise a support call with Dell, I now can't reproduce any of the issues!  I turned off all the advanced features, such as pinch zoom, three finger gestures and the like.  At the time this made no difference in my testing, but a few days later and everything seems ok.  Don't know if its a reboot after the changes that has helped, or what.

Edit: Actually still get the bouncy scroll - but only seems to happen in Firefox.  But the click drag is working properly now and that was the real annoying one!

Will now just have to see how it goes.

February 21st, 2016 14:00

Nope - definitely spoke too soon, the click drag release issue is back again.  I think it is a hardware issue - hopefully Dell support will be able to help!

March 16th, 2016 12:00

Just had the touchpad replaced by Dell and it is a completely different laptop.  All bounce and drag issues gone.

1 Message

March 28th, 2016 07:00

Hi, not sure what my warranty  is but I've had several issues I shouldn't be having with an expensive laptop including back-light leaking, lazy space button, and wonky track pad. To SpannerBracket, what were the details about your return for service? +$ extra warranty? Thanks.

1 Message

May 27th, 2016 22:00

Bought this a couple weeks ago refurbished on eBay, had same issues - touchpad replaced today and not a single issue found! Same model touchpad, same driver. Everything just works beautifully now. Like it more than my previous MacBook Air's touchpad and that's saying a lot (used Windows with the MacBook). Just a pleasure to use now!

No Events found!