Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 3rd, 2016 21:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 Windows 10 system image update?

Now that the latest anniversary update has hit from MS. Will Dell be providing updated system images for current customers? It is not feasible for what ever reason if we have to reload Windows 10 from the factory image currently installed. Then turn around and go through windows update for this all new anniversary updated version. Just purchased this laptop 2-3 months ago. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2016 04:00

No, they won't  - but Windows Backup can make a new image once the update is in place.  So too can any one of a number of free utilities such as Macrium Reflect -- and they'll include all the software you've installed on the drive since the OS was loaded, and your data files as well.

67 Posts

August 4th, 2016 17:00

How about if I do a clean Windows 10 install. Then go to the laptop support page and use the driver detection tool. Would that work and the drivers would be updated by the Dell tool? Because there are way to many drivers to download manually. Mainly selection wise. Its not organized well and seems to be a mixed bag. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 4th, 2016 18:00

Once Microsoft releases an ISO of Windows 10 with the anniversary update included, you will simply need to use that to do a clean installation. 

Only a system image will include all the necessary drivers - an ISO of the OS install will not.

67 Posts

August 4th, 2016 20:00

That is not what I meant. If I do a clean install using the anniversary iso. Will the Dell driver detection tool work on the website and install the drivers automatically? 

67 Posts

August 7th, 2016 01:00

Better yet. The driver page is such a mess and extremely unorganized. Can anyone assist what exact drivers I would need if I pull this off manually? 

No Events found!