Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2016 16:00

Dell XPS 13(9350) fan issue

Hi

I recently got a new Dell XPS 13. I like it very much but I have one single issue with it.

It gets hot when plugged in. I installed latest drivers and bios firmware but it's still annoying.

The main problem is that I searched for fan problems over net, I saw people are complaining about fan being too noisy on XPS 13 but I hear absolutely nothing from laptop. and now I'm wondering if it has a fan and it's working.

How do I know that the fan is working?

Thanks in advance.

532 Posts

September 27th, 2016 23:00

Hi Mohsen,

We’re listening. We’ll surely try and assist you. To isolate issues with the system, we request you run through the hardware diagnostics. Please click here to find the steps to run the hardware diagnostics.

Please let us know if you see any error message and validation code.

4 Posts

September 28th, 2016 05:00

Thanks for quick response

I did not see the link you mentioned in your post, however I googled about it and found this one

I ran the quick test but it didn't find any errors.

Maybe it's a common thing on all new 9350 models? I did a quick search and found this thread. Mine has not hit 83 degrees so far, so I don't know if the fan ever turns on or not.

Is there any fan controlling software? speedfan doesn't work on 9350.

Thanks

532 Posts

September 29th, 2016 05:00

Sorry about that Mohsen. Please click here to run the hardware diagnostics outside windows, please share your findings. We request you complete the same as we can confirm if there is any issues with the hardware. Thank you for your cooperation.

4 Posts

September 29th, 2016 05:00

I just ran the test and it didn't find any errors.

Is there any way I could check if the fan ever turns on?

Thank you

4 Posts

October 1st, 2016 05:00

Does the cooling fan work if the registered owner name be something else than what it is now?

I'm not being rude but you are not helping dear Lijo.

I know you are following a standard protocol in these situations but please read my post before requesting some irrelevant information.

Even the link you mentioned is not correct man.

You may close this topic if you want.

Thanks

532 Posts

October 1st, 2016 05:00

Hi Mohsen,

Sorry for delay in the response. We request you to share the following details:

1. The service tag of the system.

2. Your email address.

3. The registered owner name of this system.

You can refer to this link youtube.com/watch which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 1st, 2016 09:00

The Dell diagnostics (F12 at powerup a few times to get in) will verify the operation of the fan.

No Events found!