Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2016 01:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 severe bug and battery drainage issue !!!

Hi,

This is my second post regarding my XPS 13 9350 in one week, as it seems to be having lot of issues ! I was previously facing issue with sleep mode, it wasnt going to sleep at all. But after updating BIOS to 1.2.3, it sort of recovered from that problem.

Now, yesterday night I closed the lid with 65% battery life, expecting it to go to sleep(Set to go to sleep when lid off). In morning, when I reached the bag, I felt like the laptop was literally burning !!! It was so hot to touch, and the led light in front was giving orange/yellow in color !! When I opened the lid, the lock screen appeared, which shouldnt be the case as it should have been in hibernation,which indicates the machine was not off at all !! The battery life was indicating 7% !! From 65% to 7%, that too when was put to be off !

This are some serious concerns for a premium product like XPS 13 9350. I am expecting a proper solution to this malfunction issue of the product.

9 Posts

March 20th, 2016 04:00

UPDATE : Ok , now the battery life has dropped down to 4 Hours 30 Minutes !! Also the device is really heating up while using, I can feel the heat at the edge of the display and keyboard. The bottom part is even more heated !  Please give a solution to this !

9 Posts

March 20th, 2016 05:00

ok, here is the battery report for clear understanding.

9 Posts

March 20th, 2016 05:00

Ok, here is the battery report for better understanding !

14 Posts

May 18th, 2016 10:00

I had the battery drain on a Dell XPS 13 (dwon from 100% to 0% in 20h sleep) and it seems something is wrong with the Intel drivers.

I solved the problem as follows:

Goto Device Manager->System Devices

There you'll should see two entries "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Hostcontroller 9D60 and 9D61"

Look within both entries for "Power Options" and uncheck the boxes there, then reboot.

Fixed the problem for me. I started with 100% at 10 am yesterday and the machine had 95% at 9 am this morning. That seems ok to me.

14 Posts

June 8th, 2016 10:00

So this option did not work a 100% and the machine was still warm sometime. So I decide to get rid of all the Dell *** with the radical way.

1. Downloaded the .iso file from Microsoft:

www.microsoft.com/.../windows10

Make sure to selct the right language, e.g. If you download US English and bought the laptop in the UK it won't install!

2. Download the Wifi driver from the Dell Support page to a second USB drive

Clean install from the DVD/USB drive won't recongnize the Wifi adapter.

3. Rebbot the laptop and boot from the media you created

4. Select custom install

You need to delete ALL partitons and create a new one

5. Let the installer do its job

Once done install the Wifi driver and go after it to the Intel support page a run the auto-detect for your systems. That will recongnize everything you need. Once the stuff got installed the machine should be 100% fine.

Mine is stone cold now and battery percentage not changing in sleep at all.

Hope that helps.

No Events found!