Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2015 13:00

Dell XPS 15 9530 PLEASE HELP !!!

Hey There!

I am facing a problem with my Dell XPS 15 9530 laptop around 3-4 months back. Please help.

Every time my laptop goes to sleep, it does not resume automatically when directed to.

I have to turn on the laptop using the power button and then I get a message saying that "Windows did not Shutdown Cleanly"

This happens every time the laptop goes to sleep either automatically or when turned to sleep manually.

Thank you. Please do reply.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 15th, 2015 17:00

Hi NabeelShaikh,

I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system to fix the issue with the sleep mode.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

11 Posts

July 16th, 2015 14:00

Hi Ravi,

I did exactly as you said.

the Video drivers. there were two (Intel and NVidia), reinstalled them. but the problem still persists.

Problem hasn't been solved by the above solution.

Please do reply and let me know what else can be done? or what is causing the problem.

thank you.

11 Posts

July 18th, 2015 17:00

Any one else? Please reply. I need help with this matter.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 18th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to try flashing the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1.Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

2.Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.

3.Now select properties.

4.In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

5.Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

6.You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then Nvidia card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link above, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

11 Posts

July 20th, 2015 10:00

@Ravi Thank you for replying. I will follow these steps again and get back to you.

Thanks

11 Posts

July 20th, 2015 12:00

I have attached a picture of the BIOS error

http://imgur.com/1KOQdjY

11 Posts

Anyone???!! Please help!

11 Posts

@Ravi, as you mentioned I followed your steps and download the Bios update with the help of service tag.

I started installing the BIOS and now it is stuck at 100%.

the Laptop is completely frozen the Laptop is stuck with BIOS progress at 100%.

Please help! It has been an hour till now I haven't done a thing.

Laptops fan is running very fast With a lot of noise.

Please help  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 21st, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Please restart the system and let me know the status of the system.

Also, please private message us the system service tag so that I could check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1 Message

October 3rd, 2015 13:00

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my XPS 15 9530. For right now I had to set lid close and power button to do shutdown instead of sleep.

Was this issue ever resolved?

11 Posts

October 7th, 2015 00:00

@alexsoya None of the above solutions worked. The problem was not solved, all of them useless

however until I took the laptop to its service station and then

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19651667

No Events found!