Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 09:00

Dell XPS 15 makes a high frequency noise problem, display is blurry and gets hot easily.

Hello,

I have my Dell XPS 15 (Late 2013 model) now for over a month. I am verry happy with the laptop, it is absolutly an amazing machine! But I have 1 problem with it that I still have from the first time I booted the machine. The laptop makes a high frequency noise. It's not the hard disk because it is a SSD. It is also not the fan that's making the noise.

The strange thing is, that the noise gets louder when I scroll on a webpage for example. When I stop scrolling the noise still stays, but when I start scrolling again it gets louder. So I think that the problem could be something with the display.

Now that we're talking about the display: when I change the resolution from 4K to 1080P and I set the windows scaling back at 100% everything is unsharp and blurry. When I go to the intel display panel, there are 2 options to scale (only if my display is not at 4K) "center display" and "scale to full screen"

"scale to full screen" is automatically selected and then everything is blurry, when I change it to "center display" everything is sharp (like it should be) but I got big black borders arround my desktop. It basicly looks like the laptop only wants to use the pixles that are neccesary for 1080P.

One last thing is that the XPS can get really hot so easily.

I hope someone can help me.

- Maxim

No Responses!
No Events found!