Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2013 08:00

Dell XPS 15z Led battery indicator on the left side

Led battery indicator on the left side. It just don`t work. Nothing happens after pushing that button. Is there a way to turn on that indicator?
Could anyone help?

September 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi Pedroba,

The battery charge gauge includes a status button and five LEDs, each light indicates approximately 20% of the total battery charge.
Please also check if the battery has enough charge and let us know if the battery is functioning properly, if the battery charges and works fine.

Please remove the battery, disconnect the AC Adapter and make sure nothing is connected to the computer, press and hold power button for a minute and then insert the battery and AC Adapter restart the computer.
If the LED’s are not working while the battery is fine, there might be chances of battery LED board failure and will have to be replaced.

let us know if this helps.

2 Posts

September 24th, 2013 11:00

Battery is functioning properly and the battery charges and it works fine. Bought it yesterday purchaser said maybe it is software driver what needs to be updated or smth.
I suppose it`s not possible to switch those Leds on and off.|
It looks like hard work to get batery out of Dell XPS 15z its deep under case and I don`t know if i could do it by myself..

No Events found!