Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2017 16:00

Dell XPS 9560 Freezing randomly

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so I'm not sure whether anyone else has reported on this issue.

Whenever I'm browsing the internet (whether it be on chrome, firefox, opera or microsoft edge), the screen freezes randomly. The sound (if there is sound) either also distorts, or sometimes actually plays back normally. All other applications (paintshop pro, illustrator, spotify) work without hiccups.

I've tried plugging in my laptop and switching power management options (dell/high performance etc.)

I love this laptop but this issue is bugging me out.

My specs are as follows:

512GB SSD, i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 1080p screen, 90Wh battery

As well as that, Windows keeps telling me that my product needs to be reactivated.. This is weird since my laptop is just under one month old.

Thanks in advance!

March 20th, 2017 16:00

You can try these steps...

www.reddit.com/.../

1 Message

March 20th, 2017 07:00

I have exactly the same issue the laptop keeps freezing when doing normal tasks i.e. Edge browsing or watching youtube. my network keeps dropping out too. I purchased it 2 days ago and it is kinda driving me crazy. All the drivers are updated and device diagnosis finds nothing wrong the hardware!  

March 20th, 2017 16:00

Same issue here, laptop keeps freezing and locks up the whole computer while using chrome, edge, youtube, dropping wifi, etc. The mouse cursor freezes, gives me the wheel of death, and then eventually unfreezes. Laptop is 2 weeks old xps 15, i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM. ***.

1 Message

March 28th, 2017 11:00

I have had the same problem with Freezing on my XPS 15 9560. I thought I would give Dell Support a go before embarking on my own fix. I have to say that the support agent was very good. He was aware of the problem and explained that Dell modify the Intel Driver to match the motherboard design. He took control of my computer and updated the Intel 630 display driver to 21.20.16.4590. This is a Dell version of the Intel driver and is matched to the motherboard design (so I am told). All seems ok at the moment.

No Events found!