Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2012 04:00

Dell XPS Audio Problem

I have dell XPS L502X. Everything is working fine except the audio. whenever i start to play game the  audio goes off...i checked everything like system audio settings, game audio settings and i also updated each and every driver in the system but it did'nt work... Can Anyone Help me please.     

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

November 12th, 2012 06:00

Hi Rahul69,

I suggest that we reset the system to the factor installed state. Before that I suggest you to back up all the data on the system. If any application is installed, you may have to reinstall the same again after restoring the system to the factory installed state.

Find below the steps to restore the system to the factory installed state.

Please shut down the system completely. Restart the system and press the F8 key at the dell logo every 2 seconds. On the ‘Advanced boot Options’ select down arrow key and select ‘Repairs computer’.

• Select the keyboard method’ that is the country you belong to and click ‘Next’.
  • Enter User name and password.
  • In the ‘System Recovery Options’ click on ‘Dell Data safe Restore and Emergency Backup’
  • Select ‘Restore computer and preserve my new files or change files (recommended)’.
  • Click ‘Next’ to begin scanning your computer for changed files.
  • Next follow the onscreen instruction by clicking on ‘Next’ button.
  • When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

November 9th, 2012 05:00

Hi Rahul69,

I understand that you have installed all the drivers as per the post. Still I suggest that you install the drivers in the order given below:

1. BIOS (Latest version)
  2. Chipset driver (Huron River(HM67))
  3. Audio driver 

Please find below, the link to install the drivers:

http://dell.to/Oc6q6S

Select the appropriate operating system from the drop down list and proceed further.

Note: Restart the system after installation of each driver. 

Please let me know if there is audio when you are playing music and  if the audio goes off only while playing this particular game.  Also check by connecting the speaker while playing this game.

Please let me know the status.

3 Posts

November 10th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

As you told, i reinstalled those driver in that order but now sound comes only when i play music and goes off when i play the games. Now i am playing the game sniper elite v2 and wrc2. When i start the game the first 5 secs sound comes and after then nothing. So what should i do now.

3 Posts

November 24th, 2012 04:00

This post of urs helped me ....Thank you maam for ur help..

No Events found!