Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2014 09:00

Dell XPS M1730 ..

I just got this unit off of E-Bay .. The problems I'm having so far is that the Laptop will power on but only runs for about 30 seconds then just shuts down completely .. I redid the thermal paste for the cpu .. still doing the same thing .. When I power on the laptop the fans do not kick on nor does the info center come on plus its telling me the key board is not recognized in the short time its on .. Should I do a mother board replacement or will doing thermal paste for the graphics card help .. Thank you all in advance for looking .. service tag # is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

15 Posts

August 22nd, 2014 11:00

Would anyone happen to know what part # I would need for a brand new motherboard .. There are so many to choose from .. I just want to make sure to get the one I needed for the unit I have .. Thanks for the help ..

15 Posts

August 29th, 2014 09:00

ok .. got ahold of Dell .. They give me the part # yu242 .. After looking around I found these part #s .. yo12c .. ft342 .. f513c .. oyu242 .. Are these part #'s for the same board or are they different boards but will still work in my unit .. I really want to get this XPS going .. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated .. Thanks for looking ..

15 Posts

September 28th, 2014 06:00

I just got a new motherboard and installed it .. same issue .. runs for about 20 sec gets hot and shuts down .. fans will not kick on when the unit is started .. I did notice the CPU getting real hot in that short time .. Can a bad CPU cause this .. ?? .. can a bad GPU cause the same issues .. ?? .. I'm at a loss here .. could really use some insight on this .. Thank you in advance for looking ..   

No Events found!