Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2015 11:00

Dell bluetooth mouse WM615 with Dell XPS13 - power-up issues

My mouse is connecting fine, but it doesnt power up easily. If I stop using it for a few minutes, it powers down, presumably to save the battery. But then it doesnt start up again when I twist the two halves of the mouse.

I keep twisting the mouse slowly to power up and nothing happens, and then randomly, after several tries, it will power up again.

I had this problem with the same mouse and, thinking it was faulty, ordered another, but the same thing occurred.

I like the mouse's shape and weight, but this power issue is a bugbear.

3 Posts

September 15th, 2015 05:00

Same issue here. Dell's troubleshooting advice to uncheck the option for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management tab of the bluetooth radio in the Device Manager did not help either.

Who knows a solution for this issue?

July 4th, 2017 05:00

The issue remains still two years later. Sometime it does not switch on; the only solution is to remove batteries and reinstall.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 12th, 2017 13:00

Today's Win 10 update (12/12/17) mentions some Bluetooth devices along with specific keyboards (not Bluetooth) as having some fixes....  

4 Posts

December 12th, 2017 13:00

I too am experiencing the same behaviour with a Dell XPS15. From these symptoms (resolved via a power reset at the mouse) it is more a mouse problem rather than a Bluetooth "radio" problem. Does anyone know if the mouse firmware can be updated?

4 Posts

December 20th, 2017 10:00

After reporting the behaviour of the mouse to Dell, I was sent a replacement mouse. The problem appears resolved, i.e. after the computer and new mouse were powered off overnight, then computer and new mouse connected - the white LED glows after twisting the mouse to the operating position.

No Events found!