Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2012 11:00

Dell inspiron 15r se 7520 switchable graphics problem

Hello,

I just got a laptop Inspiron 15R SE 7520 and I'm having some graphic card issue. Technically I was suppose to have the AMD graphic card working, but when I look at the configurations I see 2 video cards: One that is an Intel HD integrated card and the AMD. The one that it's working is the Intel. How do I make the AMD work instead?

Thanks,

Shanthosh

272 Posts

May 15th, 2013 11:00

@prtkman - Generally there are less problems with the Intel / Nvidia setups then there are with the Intel / AMD setups.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2013 07:00

Thanks  CyberMaxX360, I'll then go with the 14r model. Although they are only offering i5 and 4gb ram and 500gbHDD, I'll be a little safer than ATi.

1 Message

May 24th, 2013 03:00

Hello Mr. Rajath,

I too have Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop, and i too have same questions regarding switching graphics card.

I have read the above conversations and 2 weeks earlier i have updated the BIOS and other related drivers as per recommendation by Dell.

I have few questions :

1. As per above statement you mentioned, after switching it to High Performance it switches it to AMD Card.  But, when i have created a application profile, it shows me it's using Intel HD Graphics 4000

2. After looking the dxdiag output it shows

Display device :Intel HD 4000

Manufacturer : AMD . 

DAC Type : Internal

Chip : Intel Graphics Family

How come that's possible ???

3. Also, checked the display properties i got surprised to see both version no and Manufacturer's Name is same. Software version for both displays must be different as it uses two different displays.

I still believe while playing games it uses Intel Graphics not AMD.

Please resolve our queries with your expertise.

22 Posts

June 9th, 2013 02:00

i dont think some people get that dxdiag and other programs like steam will see the hd4000 because the 7730 is not the primary or dedicated chip its just a booster if you like . anyways if you wanna fix your cards then follow my guide

right after getting my 7520 a few days ago ive trawled through hundreds of posts and finally sorted my problem and it works perfect so bear with me

1. the problem  ........  windows updates and device installation updates cause big problems ... in fact they bork the whole thing without you even knowing

2. the solution  .

what you need  

1. amd 13.5 beta drivers mobility  (must be mobility ones from the amd site

2. latest  intel hd graphics driver

3. driver fusion

all can be found very easy .

steps to follow  

1.do a complete windows update of your system then restart

2. check there are no more windows updates

3  goto charms tab and search windows updates and then turn of automatic updates to you will do them yourself

4. (important step) goto charms tab and type in device installation and select the device change installation ,change this to NO LET ME CHOOSE WHAT TO DO

5.unistall the intel driver and the amd driver

6 run driver fusion and select amd then let it scan then click delete to remove all refs of amd driver

7 . restart laptop

8 install intel driver restart then install 13.5 drivers and restart your system

9 goto windows update manually and check for updates hide any that say amd or intel hd 4000

10 use ccc as normal setting your exe to high performance and set power play to maximize when plugged in

ive had no problems at all and have played the following while running gpuz and fraps  in all instances gpuz showed increased heat on the amd gpu and the list below shows that the intel 4000 would not play the following at waht i have been playing on the last 4 days

1 pro evo   1920 x 1080    high settings       fraps  = 46-60  in game   gpuz temp   69

2. grid 2     1280  x 720    ultra                     fraps  =  50-60 in game   gpu z temp  65

3  battlefeild 3    1280 x 720 (720p)   everything high  fraps  between 45 and 58   gpuz temp  75

4 old game battle for middle earth 2    1920 x 1080 on ultra high  fraps 50-60  gpuz  60

hope this helps some poor sole who is having problems

22 Posts

June 10th, 2013 18:00

22 Posts

mate just follow my guide then you need to set the following

power play =   on batt  power saving        plugged in   maximize  power  

then right click your desktop and configure switchable graphics click add application then point it to the exe of the program you want then select  high performence

22 Posts

Hi all, I have this exact same laptop details below:

I need to know do I need to download software to be able to switch the graphics cards I can't seem to find details of the AMD graphics card any info on how to switch graphics cards any downloads needed and info on how to switch graphics cards would be much appreciated thanks Savio.

22 Posts

June 12th, 2013 19:00

Hi Jonny, when I followed the same instructions as you stated above I have had problems when I try to install the AMD Mobility Catalyst 13.5 Beta3 for Windows [for systems supporting Switchable Graphics (Enduro) Technology] it states

AMD Catalyst Install Manager

Installation complete:

(warnings occurred during installation)

View Log for details.

View Log:

Packages for install

AMD Catalyst Install Manager

Final Status: Success

Version of Item: 8.0.911.0

Size: 20 Mbytes

can you please help and it seems in the device manager the amd 13.5 beta drivers mobility is not found please advise thanks

22 Posts

June 13th, 2013 14:00

hi mate funny you should mention that i encountered the same problem myself when doing a reinstall after i noticed that the combination of the intel driver and the 13.5 amd driver was causing glitches in the win 8 metro screen 

thought i would give the leshcat drivers a go instead and gotta say the easiest install ever i used the whql 13.4 ones  which have both the drivers in the one package 

theres a manual to tell you how to install them but tbh  its just a case of making sure you do it right 

delete the intel and amd   then reboot  then run driver fusion tick intel and amd then delete let it do its stuff then install the leshcat choosing the bottom set of drivers for our cpu/hd4000

was seeing a 100 increase in score on 3dmark 11 on the graphics side  better framerates in games more stable and also gpu-z was showing lower temps and it was deffo using the 7300m 

i suggest you visit the leshcat site and use those mate  

22 Posts

June 13th, 2013 16:00

yeah they are the ones i used mate not had a problem yet  have played the following with no probs a great framrates and temps

bf3,grid2,coh,fifa 13       no probs at all

22 Posts

Hi Jonny, I need clarification the leshcat drivers are they these ones:

leshcatlabs.net/.../leshcats-catalyst-13-4-whql-unifl-v2-for-amdintel-powered-laptops

I was also wondering will these drivers work with windows 7 the laptop I have is Dell Inspiron 15R model N5010, running windows 7 home premium 2009,service pack 1,  processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40 GHz  2.39 GHz .  Memory 3.00 GB. With a 64 bit operating system can you please confirm these drivers will work on my laptop I know my system is not the 15r se 7520 it is the N5010 can you confirm whether the above leshcat drivers will work with my laptop? if not can you recommend good graphics drivers that will work with my system the main reason for upgrading is to watch online tv streams with decent graphics? I also know on my system there is no catalyst control center please advise Thanks Savio

22 Posts

oh not sure about windows 7 tbh i would not try  also make sure you read the manual for the leshcats it explains everything very easy and the way to do it

June 27th, 2013 01:00

I don't see what you are describing in steps 5, 6 and 7 at all.

I uninstalled the AMD driver and downloaded the latest file from Dell [7520_Video_Driver_7VXH5_WN_8.951.9.1000_A04] and ran it and now I don't even see the Catalyst driver at all.  During the installation it said it was installing an Intel driver.  All I have access to now when I right-click on the display is "Graphics Options" which opens an Intel driver.  When I try to run the Catalyst Control Center from the Start window (Windows 8) it says "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started".

Stephen Watkins

Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520

Windows 8

AMD Radeon HD 7730M

22 Posts

June 27th, 2013 11:00

thats because you have deleted the main amd part  goto leshcats and get the 13.4 beta or whql   follow the instructions and install it best driver there is

22 Posts

June 27th, 2013 12:00

to be honest guys i installed the official ones fine but whenever there was an update for windows or driver installation it just screwed them up again.

with the leshcats im getting better speeds and lower temps  

currentley playing  metro last light    at 1920x1080  at medium/high res  

No Events found!